Friday, July 16, 2010

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER

DOG DAY MEMORIES
  • Lying in the porch swing, watching the clouds
  • Napping on the floor(Sunday afternoon) with a small fan moving the air
  • Sleeping under the stars to get the breeze at night
  • Walking to the river to wade in the cool water
  • The ding-ding-of the ice cream man's truck
  • A chip of ice from the ice man's truck when he delivered ice
  • Running through the sprinklers
  • Hopping to quickly cross the hot street-barefooted
  • BEST OF ALL an afternoon at the swimming pool
Then came air conditioning!!!

*********************************************** *****
Last week end we had a family gathering in Lawrence. Most of the clan was able to be there. We had a picnic at Clinton lake. It was really great to see and visit with everyone. Mary's spirit was with us. They also recognized my birthday - early-(90). We agree that we should not wait 7 years for the next gathering!! I was gifted a cover for my Ipad!

********************************************************
I truly have a walking library with my Kindle and the Ipad. I am slowly leaning how to use the Ipad. I download a Barnes and Noble App for the ipad. When I was in Lawrence I of course had to go to the used book store and pick up some 2 dollar print books--these are especially useful for reading at night in bed!! Old habits die slowly.
************************
I hope that all is well with all of you.


HAF AKA HAPPY DOC



No comments: