Thursday, August 26, 2010

SCHOOL DAYS

HI ALL!

It is that time again

School days, school days
Dear old Golden Rule dayst,
'Reading and 'riting and 'rithmetic
Taught to the tune of the hick'ry stick
You were my queen in calico
I was your bashful, barefoot beau
And you wrote on my slate, "I Love You So"
When we were a couple o' kids

How many of you know the tune? If you do not, you can hear it on google!
______________________________

I am still trying to find my way around the Ipad. I am reading Emma by Jane Austen. The old English is interessting. Philip said it was one of the books they had in College in English class.
I just finished PILLARS OF THE EARTH by KEN FOLLETT on my Kindle. I downloaded the no 2 of the series WORLD WITHOUT END. I got the audio book from the Kansas library. I am getting better with th Mp3 player. Perhaps the benefit of these digital toys is having to learn something new. There are advantages to both print book and the e book. The changes are inteesting.
______________________________


I recieved notice tht it is flu shot time again. I have not heard anthing about a shrotage of vaccine this year, so maybe we will stay ahead of it this year.

_______________________________

I guess that the big news here is that I have moved back into Drury Place. Philip plans to move to Manhatanwhich will but cown on his commute , which is certainly understandable. My mailing address now is
1000 Schippel Dr. Apt 126
Salina, Kansas 67401

The biggest problem with the move is that I have not been able to get my own computer up an running so I am using the community computers at Drury Place for the time being. I may need to replace my lap too -it is getting old! Arn't we all!!

___________________________________________
Sending the very best wishes to all

Alden Seniorgeek AKA HAPPYDOC

No comments: